Thursday, December 6, 2007

Funny Story

I had a restless night last night. I had a ridiculous dream and I hope you have a good laugh after reading it. First off I have to mention I haven't refereed a soccer game since I was in high school. But this dream completely stressed me out all night. I dreamt that the head man over referee's was going to observe me. It was just a terrible experience all the way around. I first off couldn't find the field so I was late. Then when I was there they made me ref a U7 game, the youngest kids. I usually refereed U10, U12, or even U14. I had a sideline person who was a certified referee and they thought they were all that. The head man pretty much had already decided I wasn't a good referee. No matter what I did, I couldn't convince him that I was a good ref. It was a miserable experience. He gave me a good report and I received parent complaints too. I was just so stressed out, because I am a good ref. Luckily my roommates got up at 5AM and so I did too and the dream was over. It is a joke that this would stress me out, but it really did. Just to set the records straight, I never received a parent complaint and all of the head ref's loved me. I hope you laughed a little because I am still cracking up that I dreamt this and that it was such a stress for me. Life is good though. There is a crazy insight into my life and dreams. :)

1 comment:

BOIBRIGGS said...

You are right--that is a weird dream. You were such a great ref and even at such YOUNG ages. You were a favorite. Isn't it odd how something pops up like that that you haven't thought about for along time? Happy dreaming!
Love, MOM