Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Last Day, Sad Day

Sadly but truly it has come. It is my last day here in Jerusalem and it is a sobering thing. We all joked that Jerusalem was crying for us because it has been raining all morning and the fog is so thick, when you look out the window, all you see is white. I have officially had my last breakfast at the JC and soon I will be turning in my linens for the last time.
Last night we had our slide show and it was a good reminder/realization for me to see just how much we did here in the last 4 months. I have learned so much and experienced even more. It has been an incredible experience and I am so glad I had the opportunity to be here. I never dreamed this time would happen. I am super excited to see my family and to be home for Christmas. The count down is 5 days till Christmas but it doesn't feel like it here in Jerusalem. Normally it is around 50 degrees on a cold day, everything is turning green and it doesn't feel like Christmas. I can't wait to see snow. I am really hoping for a white Christmas. Things are great though.
While packing yesterday, I experienced something others talk about all the time but I had never personally experienced before. While packing I found 100 shekels (like $25). I never lose money and it was such a happy surprise. It does add a little twist because I have to spend it all today. To add to the situation it is a Muslim holiday and so half of the city is closed down. But I imagine I can spend it just fine. I can't wait to see everyone. Pray for clear run ways and then once I am home it can snow. :) Merry Christmas everyone.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I just want to say thank you for sharing your experience in the holy land. I am friends with Steph and just happen to click over--I love your stories! Thank yoU!