Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Hezekiah's Tunnel


We went on a field trip to David's city. It was the first city in the Jerusalem area. Everything else has expanded off of the city of David. We hiked through Hezekiah's tunnel. It was built by the people to connect the Gihon spring to flow into the city, under the wall to the pool of Silaom. It was fun because we were climbing through this small tunnel, I spent most of the time bent half way over with water at some points up to my thighs. Hense our lines in the picture. It was so fun. After you get through the tunnel it comes out at the pool. The Byzantine Chrisitans built a church over what they thought to be the pool but it is just a small portion of the pool. They have since excavated the rest of the pool. I got in a water fight with my roommates afterwards hence I am completely wet in the picture with Carlee. It was super fun. We might go through it again. It was awesome.

No comments: